Economic and Community Development
The Village of Winneconne helps provide economic and community development services to the residents and businesses of the Village of Winneconne.
- There is a housing rehabilitation program which principally benefits Low and Moderate-Income (LMI) households.
- There is a Village of Winneconne Façade Improvement Program (FIP) which offers loans to businesses at a below market interest rate to improve the physical characteristics of their Main Street façade.
- They may issue Development Revenue Bonds to provide financing for qualified redevelopment projects within the Village of Winneconne, including the following public benefits:
- An increase in the Village's tax base
- The elimination or prevention of substandard, deteriorated, unsanitary and blighted areas
- The provision and retention of gainful employment opportunities for the citizens of the Village
- The stimulation of the flow of investment capital into the Village with resultant beneficial effects upon the economy in the Village
Community Development Block GrantThe Village of Winneconne has received a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) to provide loans to improve the residential property occupied by qualifying Low and Moderate-Income (LMI) residents, rehabilitate landlord's rental units, and assist LMI residents in purchasing a home. As the funds from the initial loans are repaid, the Village of Winneconne will administer a revolving loan fund.
Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority
The Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority (WHEDA) home improvement features below-market, fixed interest rates with no pre-payment penalty. With up to 15 years to repay the loan, you can fit your payment to your budget.
WHEDA Home Ownership Made Affordable
WHEDA Home Ownership Made Affordable (HOME) lets you become a home-owner sooner with a lower monthly house payment than other mortgage programs. That is because HOME features low down payments and below-market interest rates.
Business Incentive Program
The Village of Winneconne has established a Business Incentive Program (BIP) which offers loans to businesses at a very low interest rate to improve the physical characteristics of their Main Street façade.
The Village of Winneconne supports Equal Housing Opportunities and does business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law.